Finally, Windows 10 Technical Preview for Phones Build 10051 has released. And the question most of us concern is how to update your phones to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1. In this post, we will introduce you both from Windows 8.1 and previous Windows 10 version. But at first, please check some greatest features from this new build 10051.
If your phone is already on the Windows 10 Technical Preview, all you need to do is go to Settings apps > Update & recovery > Phone update > and check for updates. We’re pushing out this build only to the Fast ring today. If you’d like to change from the Fast ring to the Slow ring, just go into the Windows Insider app on your phone and login with your MSA and change rings.
If your device is still in Windows Phone 8.1, read the instruction below.
2. Visit the website insider.windows.com, make sure you subscribe to the testing program Insider.
3. Run Windows Insider, log in with your Microsoft account
4. Select “Insider Fast” if you want to get the latest build immediately from Microsoft, choose “Insider Slow” if you want to receive the updates have been tested
5. Confirm your participation Insider and then select the check box
6. Next, go to Settings > Phone Update > Check for Updates
7. The device will automatically download the necessary updates for Windows 10, you device can boot more than once.
Before you install:
– You have to access to Wi-Fi
– Batteries are at least 40%, memory is from 8GB or more
– This is just a test so you may encounter errors during use
– Your phone must be in the Windows Phone 8.1 build 14219 before running Windows 10 update
– Some regional versions of the device, especially the vending device according to the network, will not update Windows 10 Preview
The reason Lumia 930, Lumia Icon and Lumia 640XL are not updated in this time:
Microsoft explained that they encountered an error that the interface becomes so small that can not be used, so they will have to optimize the operating system to be fitted and will soon support 3 devices in the future.